Spring is almost here! Right?
That is the hope I keep trying to hold on to as we enter into another cold week! The children and I have been talking about fun things to do in Spring. It seems to help us get through the cold days. We are really looking forward to some more of those 30 degree days!
They are having fun inside though! The children have been experimenting with the sensory table this past week. They have added a box they found in our classroom, a little shelf with lots of holes, and some hard tubes. This has added a whole new aspect to our sensory fun! These fun things along with rice, scoops and funnels create a lot of FUN! Another addition to our classroom is a vacuum sweeper for all the FUN.
I am looking at doing some other fun activities with our sensory table and we are looking for some items to add to explore with. Please keep checking out our ‘Wish List’ at the bottom of our weekly news. Also, if you have any great ideas or would like to help create a fun sensory play area for our classroom, please let me know! I would love help!
– Sticky pads for 3M hooks
– 8×10 or 11×14 frames – we do not need the glass or backs. Nothing new – we will re-purpose and paint them
– Colored ink stamp pads
– Magazines or pictures of Saints for our Saint Collages
– Sets of new or gently used toys (Bristle Blocks, Potato Head Pieces)
– Square pillows for our reading area
– We are looking to expand our library:
* Llama Llama books
* Little Critter Books
* If you give a… Books (If you give a mouse a cookie, If you give a moose a muffin…)
* PVC pipes (extra pieces from a project, any size)