Official Tournament Rules for Fishing Derby
Official Tournament Rules
1. The tournament is scheduled for January 25th, 2013, from 12:00 noon until 3:00 p.m. on Lake Osakis (Head of the Lakes). Contestants are discouraged inside fishing area prior to 8:00 a.m.
2. Should inclement weather cause cancellation on January 25th, 2013, tournament will be held on January 26th, 2013, same time and place.
3. The prizes are determined by largest weight and time registered. In the event of a tie, the first fish registered takes priority. Any size fish may place.
4. Each person will be allowed to fish one hole per ticket, two holes maximum. You may register as many fish as you want, but only the heaviest fish per contestant will qualify for a competition prize. No contestant will be eligible for more than one competition prize. There is no age requirement on tournament participation. Depth finders/fish locaters (Vexilar, Marcum, etc.) ARE allowed. No underwater cameras allowed.
5. Contestants may reserve no more than four holes no earlier than 10:00 a.m. on the day of the tournament.
6. All fish entered must be brought to the weigh-in station immediately and be alive. Please bring a bag or bucket, as the tournament is live release. Dead or frozen fish are ineligible. Judges shall have the right to verify that fish were legally caught. The decision of the judge is final.
7. All fish must be caught and the contestant en route to the weigh-in station by 3:00 p.m. on the day of the contest.
8. Contestants must fish in the area designated for the contest and will be required to have their tickets visible at all times. Ticket checks as well as container inspections will be required.
9. Contestants will be allowed to move to other unoccupied holes in the contest area. You are allowed to bring as many poles as desired, but cannot use more than one pole per hole at a time. Contestants must use holes provided and will not be allowed to leave the contest area between 12:00–3:00 p.m.
11. Entry fee for the tournament is $20.00. No refunds will be given for any reason.
12. Random drawing tickets will be available for $10.00. No refunds will be given for any reason. Random drawing tickets will be purchased for cash. A limited supply will be printed and for purchase at Long prairie area distribution centers and on the ice. Telephone orders cannot be accepted for raffle tickets.
13. Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions, and property at all times. Contestants and holes must be in plain view from all sides at all times. No shelters will be allowed.
14. Contestants must abide by all applicable MN and DNR laws. A valid MN fishing license is required to participate. No licenses will be available on the ice.
15. Contest and raffle prizes are the responsibility of the winners. Licensing, registration, transportation, taxes, and all incidental or consequential expenses incurred are the responsibility of the winners. Prizes must be claimed within 90 days of notification.
16. No motorized vehicles are allowed in the contest area other than those of contest officials and police personnel. Any contestant bringing a motor vehicle within 100 yards of the contestant perimeter will be disqualified.
17. Contestants are required to park in the areas provided. Watch for signs. Contestants are encouraged to carpool and use the buddy system.
18. All bait fish must be four inches or smaller. Any bait fish over four inches will not be allowed on the ice.
19. Coolers and large containers are discouraged. No spears allowed. Heaters, chairs, bait pails, and depth finders are allowed. No licenses sold on the lake. Ice chisels are recommended as holes are drilled the day before. The use of augers is not allowed. Weighted lines without hooks or bait can be used to check depth prior to 11:45 a.m. No lines are allowed in the water from 11:45 a.m. to the start of the contest.
21. Failure to comply with any contest rules subjects contestants to disqualification and removal from competition site, as determined by contest officials. Right to refuse to sell and/or revoke a competition ticket to anyone is hereby reserved.
22. There will be a leader board located in the contest area. All efforts will be made to keep the board up to date and accurate. Tournament results remain unofficial until verified by the head judge.
24. All contestants and others hereby consent to the use of any names, photographs or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television, or any other media.
25. All fish registered have been legally gifted to St Mary’s Catholic School.
26. All Walleyes must be at least 16” to qualify.